Happy 300 Episodes!!

Elizabeth and Andy celebrate their lucky 300 by sharing Elizabeth’s most humiliating fantasy ever and Andy’s very sweet hope for the future of this podcast! Then they give their unqualified advice to listener questions about how to support a sister through divorce when you suspect she’s the trashbag in the situation, how to navigate a cleaning person who broke something in your home without acknowledging it, how to rebuild trust in a marriage after a suspected betrayal, what the best way is to be politically active without having to make phone calls, and how to set boundaries with your pot dealing neighbor when you really love his bud? Enjoy!

Rawr says:

Hi Elizabeth – I think you missed one of the main issues for the writer-inner who asked about making their voice heard on issues. I think she said that she lives in DC currently, as do I. Unfortunately and unfairly, we have no voting representation in Congress, and Congress has veto power over our local legislation. So a lot of the standard advice of “call your representatives” don’t apply – the reps don’t really listen to you if you’re not a constituent. But your other suggestions for getting involved are great! Thank you for sharing!

Lucy says:

I felt the same way as the writer-inner. I don’t know if Andy or Elizabeth have ever worked in the government, so they might not know how things work there, and the hierarchies/inefficiencies/passing the buck so you will. Expecting an intern to relay comments to supervisors to somehow get up the chain to produce meaningful (or even any) change is wishful thinking πŸ™ I also feel like we need to do oh so much more. I think calling our Senators is something, but it does so little. πŸ™

Love the rest of the podcast. Elizabeth and Andy Rock.

Anonymous says:

Elizabeth’s podcast has gotten me out of bad relationships, allowed me to confront family members, and improved my relationship with Mother in Law (former Monster in Law situation). If she tells me to call my Senator, I’m going to do it. It’s that simple. I trust her. CALL YOUR SENATORS!

Lucy says:

If that makes you feel better Anonymous, then by all means do it. But seriously, do you think that phone call is making a difference? It seems a little idealistic to think it makes a difference. You know how Washington works right? Have you ever asked to speak directly with a Senator in these phone calls?

Elizabeth, I think we should pool our money together and start a PAC. Money talks, Laimewads. If we can raise money, we can finally get these Senators to Meet with us. Elizabeth, let’s do it! Your fans support you and will support the policies you have already discussed. Let’s do it!

Anonymous says:

Honestly ur message feels kind of aggressive to me. All I was saying is that I trust Elizabeth’s advice implicitly. I think most Laimewads do or else we would not be listening to her podcast each week. I do agree with you though on that one part. If Elizabeth starts a Super Pac, I’m down. I don’t really know exactly what they are, but I support it if that’s what Elizabeth ends up deciding to do.

Anonymous says:

Honestly ur message feels kind of aggressive to me.

Lucy says:

@Anonymous, If I was aggressive, I’m sorry. We are on the same page, fighting the same team. We don’t like Trump’s policies, Elizabeth and Andy do not like Trump’s policies obviously, and we are here to work together to find solutions. Elizabeth and/or Andy, can you talk about starting a Pac or Super Pac in your next host?

Lucy says:

I’ve thought about this more tonight from my prior posting, and we definitely need a Super Pac. The NRA isn’t effective because it texts Senators through a robotic platform. Honestly, that is too lazy of an approach for me, and I don’t think getting a text is going to implement change. That’s just how I feel. The NRA is effective because of MONEY and giving money! We need to seriously start brainstorming how we can pool our money together to implement the policies that Elizabeth – and we – and most Laimewads- support. I am happy to take a leadership role in organizing. Elizabeth, let us know how we can help.

Rawr says:

it makes me so sad how few people realize that the voters of DC are disenfranchised (no offense to you Elizabeth – I think most people outside of this area don’t know!) We have over 650,000 residents – more than the populations of Wyoming and Vermont – and pay federal taxes just like everyone else, but have no voting power in Congress. The Republicans have blocked us from becoming a state only because it would mean more Dems in Congress because we are so liberal.

Lucy says:

Welp, Ossof just lost.

We need to do better.

We need to do more.

We need our voices heard.

Writing and texting our Senators isn’t enough to create meaningful change in policy.

Us Laimewads want to make meaningful change in this world. To create an inclusive society.

What does this mean? We need to start pooling together our money ASAP to start Elizabeth’s super pac. Elizabeth, how can we get this going?

Anonymous says:

@Lucy, I will donate to Elizabeth’s Super Pac. I’m bummed by Georgia elections. Major ugh moment…

Elizabeth, how does this work with us donating to your Super Pac? What can we do to help you?

Daniel says:

We could use this web site here for the Super Pac. And we can all use our social media to tell everyone about Elizabeth’s Super Pac. Laimewads, let’s do it. Elizabeth, how can we assist in making this happen!

Anonymous says:

ELIZABETH, You have responded to other threads WITHIN THIS PODCAST. Can you please respond to these comments about creating a podcast to create political change??

Ryann says:

I am so glad I listened to this alone, because I was truly crying with laughter at your fantasy. The entire story from start to finish was just amazing and such a glimpse into your imagination! Hahaha still dying thinking about it. But girl, ain’t no shame in that game!! It’s crazy the connections the brain makes. πŸ˜‚

Heather says:

Holy cow! Can’t believe this is 300! I was actually crying with laughter while listening (which was counter-productive to the makeup I was trying to put on…so worth it, though).

Thanks for 300 episodes of laughs (and some tears—I’m looking at you, Episode 100).

Love y’all! Hope to get to hear episode 600 one day πŸ™‚

Diane says:

I agree with you about the need for better gun regulation but I’m disappointed to hear you keep talking about it in terms of disabled people (mentally ill people and now blind people), who are far more likely to be victims than perpetrators. If guns can’t be banned altogether as they were in the U.K after children were mass-murdered, surely the focus should be on the people (usually men) who perpetrate gun violence, and in limiting access to guns for people with a history of domestic violence — murder and domestic terrorism are often an escalation of this type of abuse, as we saw in at least one of the shootings last week. This is far more common but seemingly harder to discuss, especially with men, who are after all the majority of political representatives. But it’s important to recognize that there are far more dangerous groups than disabled people and that perpetuating these myths contributes to stigma.

Catherine says:

I did not know there was any legislation to keep doctors from speaking about gun safety? I recently switched pediatricians for my son and on the first visit I was answering the 80 million questions the nurse was asking me. She asked if we had guns in the home. I said excuse me? Lol bc I wasn’t sure I heard her right. She asked again and I said oh no, we don’t, sorry never been asked that before. She said well if you answer yes we just like to speak to you about how to properly keep them locked up. Made me love this ped office even more!! And ps I live in south Louisiana hah

Rebecca says:

Once again, you had me cry-laughing at work, wondering what everyone around me would think if they knew I was listening to Griswold-themed fantasies!

Lucy says:

I love this podcast. I love Elizabeth (And Andy). They are both so funny, smart, and role models.

One question I have though – why is it it that Elizabeth is responding to all of the other comments, but when she is challenged to provide a meaningful change, she has been silence?

Elizabeth, per your advice, we all want to make a difference. The Trump Administration is not the status quo and we want to make a difference! How can we help to assist in this goal to implement change, advocacy, and inclusion?

πŸ™ Your silence speaks volumes.

Next week, Laimewads, let us reach out to Hollywood to see if they hear our voices to create meaningful change. We all want a more tolerant community, and I think we can achieve this goal if we put our minds to it.

Anonymous says:

Yes, it’s confusing that Elizabeth has refused to respond to comments to create an Eliabeth Super Pac Committee, even tho we all want to create her changes.

It’s sad that E thinks that writing letters till helps create society change. LOL.

MOVING FORWARD>

We are all liberals and want liberal change. We’re all frustrated. BUT, I think helping Elizabeth’s polices – and by extension, other more moderate policies, means something.

We’re on the same page. We want moderation! Understanding! And Peace!!

Anonymous says:

I was feeling heated last night, Lucy, and sorry if I was aggressive to others. I just want to help out if I can, and I’m here to help if anyone has ideas as to how we can create change and fight for liberal ideas. Let me know if you think of any ideas, and how I can help. We’re in this together πŸ™‚

Lucy says:

Sry, I think I had too much wine last night. I have to remember that time and change takes time – policies will not change over night. I did not exhibit patience last night! Sorry, Laimewads.

That’s all for now. I’m happy to help if people come up with ideas as to how we can band together and create real policy change. Let us know how we can help, Elizabeth!

Jonathan F. says:

Wow, this was a truly classic ep if mostly due to the otherworldly fantasy that I will never forget… It totally made my day and felt so glad about being alive ro hear this, just perplexing and highly enjoyable. It’s hard to wrap one’s mind around that line of thought, but worth it and utterly fascninating!

Mona says:

This may be my new favorite episode! Elizabeth revealing her new fantasy and Andy’s reaction to it was the best. I love it when an entire episode goes by without any political talk. πŸ™‚

Mona says:

I spoke too soon. Just hit the political pocket. I miss the laughing.

Eddie says:

My favorite part of their podcasts has always been when Elizabeth loses it laughing. The only time their naivetΓ© about sex is charming.