The loveliest actress, Fiona Gubelmann whom you know from the awesome FX show, Wilfred, came by and charmed us all with discussions of haunted/stained hotel rooms, fear of flying, and her intense love of animals! We are smitten. Enjoy!
Glad to see that we’re keeping people healthy, if totally bored:
Turns out Andy isn’t the only one who has a hard time making and keeping dude friends – We’ve been getting a ton of responses in relation to our 3rd Totally Married episode titled “Friend City!” …
I get it, it’s not necessarily easy for dudes to go, “hey, want to go for a sunset walk together, or cry over wine, or want to give each other chest massages while wearing lingerie?” (All common/frequent dates that ladies go on!)
SO. I thought I’d throw some dude date ideas out there – because let’s face it, when you’re married and over the age of 30, sometimes going out and getting wasted just is not an appealing option. Some alternatives:
1. Good ole golf. – This can mean doing a full fancy course thing or going to a shitty public driving range with a bucket of beer and a bucket of balls. Hitting things always brings men closer together. So do balls.
2. Poker – Get a group of guys together and play some cards! Ya might even make a little money in the end.
3. Action Movie – There are movies that you want to see that your wife doesn’t. Guess what? Your married friends also want to see that movie and their wives/girlfriends don’t. Perfect time to link up and see some blood!
4. Comedy and/or Music shows – There are always great music and/or comedy shows coming and going in your city/town/village. And usually your wife is not interested because she’s been to too many of both of those things in her life (right? Errr, maybe that’s just me) anyway, don’t be sad that you didn’t get to go because your wife didn’t make the plans for you… Take the initiative and look at what’s coming up in your city the next few months. Buy tickets. Then email your friends to see who wants the ticket – Go ahead and plan ahead. It won’t hurt, I promise.
5. Day Beers – Just ‘cuz you aren’t into getting shitfaced and enduring a hangover the next day doesn’t mean you’re not a man!! Men like beer. Beer = good. Find a cool pub that has great snacks and invite your new bud to a beer or two. You can reminisce about the good old days of puke and rally and chasing tail. And then you’ll go home to your wife who will give you a blowjob* because she missed you so much. (* or just a really nice hug)
What are your ideas for dude dates? Share in the comments!
Totally Married Podcast
Death, scrapbooks, divorce! Elizabeth and Andy jump around wildly different topics but it all leads to one absolute: marriage is awesome and ya gotta dive into it with the assumption that it’s all gonna be A-okay! Enjoy!
Happy first blog post to us! AND, in a beautiful coincidence, today marks the day that we surpassed 1,000,000 downloads of our podcast, Totally Laime! Holy shit and hip hip hooray!
In celebration, we want to welcome you to our brand new website. There are all sorts of fun things here. Tshirts! Poems! Videos! Please have a look around, and come back for more blog posts, more poems, more podcasts, more videos and, oh yeah, Ruby might even make an occasional guest blog post. (the bitch can type!)
To end on an exciting note, have I mentioned that we’ve just officially surpassed ONE MILLION DOWNLOADS of Totally Laime, since our very first episode 142 weeks ago?!?! Thank you, thank you for coming on the ride with us. It has been a blast!!
Here’s to the next mil. Cheers! (Okay, yes. I’m drinking. And, yes, it’s noon on a Tuesday. but I was nervous to write my first blog post and we just got to A MILLION DOWNLOADS, so please just let me have this
Oh, and we love you. so there.